I can't recommend the UClub enough! University Club by Wedgewood Weddings. I would like to rave about my wedding reception at The University Club. The place is well worth the price. Your guests will feel like they are on top of the class (pun intended!) hly and we did not have anything to worry about. The dance floor is typically in the center of the room, and outside of the space is a nice open location for your cookie table! Getting Ready at the Club. University Club at Pitt Wedding. Could not be more satisfied with Kaila and her staff. The University Club staff went above and beyond from the moment we toured the facility until well after our reception ended. We used the terrace and the ballroom, which meant we had the entire building to ourselves. She will answer all your questions, accommodate all of your requests and in the end you will have a wonderful wedding day to remember forever. Home; About Us; Membership; Weddings & Special Events; Foundation; Contact; Search ; Login (c)Leeann Marie Photography, LLC 2009-2019. 1673 Sherman Street Denver CO 80203. Would reccomend to anyone! This makes it as ideal for destination weddings as it … A reception on our stunning rooftop terrace will have guests talking about your wedding for years to come! The grand lobby and curved stairc Everyone just went out over and beyond to make our day as special and magical as we wanted. We had an expectation of excellent event management from the University Club and were completely mismanaged and taken advantage of. And our on-site wedding planner will help you make every detail nothing short of pure bliss. The 2% allocated to your dress should include the cost of alterations, while that amount put aside for hair and makeup should include the cost of trials. After the wedding, we received numerous compl... We had our rehearsal dinner at the University Club, because the location was great, and the actual venue is beautiful! Everything was extremely well done. The food was excellent. The venue itself is beautiful and classic with a lot of characte... A great venue. I received great reviews from my guests on the food too. "The food was amazing!" I looked at other places that did not provide nearly the package the UC did, and were more expensive. In sum, I have no complaints and would highly recoommend the University Club to anyone! Located in the heart of the University of Pittsburgh's campus, the University Club's beautifully renovated 1923 building seamlessly blends old world elegance with every modern amenity. A great cocktail hour here in Pittsburgh? Over the years, The Edgewood Club has evolved to be what its members want ~ the place for familiar faces and family fun. The University Club | 123 University Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15260 | 412-648-8213 | uclub@pitt.eduuclub@pitt.edu For the exclusive benefit of our members and their sponsored guests, we have 97 overnight rooms. She was incredibly helpful, always available and very patient with us and any last minute changes we asked for. Email. But unless you have a favorite spot or a venue you've loved for years, deciding on a wedding location can be one of the most time consuming parts of the early wedding planning process. I was very pleased with the service, the staff, and the amenties the club had to offer. My husband and I met at Pitt and we were set on having our wedding in Oakland. The on-site wedding coordinator, Kaila, was outstanding f... From start to finish we had a great experience using University Club for our venue. Home Women’s University Club of Seattle 1105 Sixth Avenue • Seattle, WA 98101-3011 206.623.0402 info@womensuniversityclub.com. Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous with some of the best views of the University of Pittsburgh, but the staff there was top-notch. The Pittsburgh Golf Club went above and beyond our expectations to make our wedding wonderful. The event exceeded our expectations in every way! She was even there to bustle me dress when my bridesmaids couldn’t figure it out! Since we set our date last June, we had meetings with 3 seperate coordinators, and continually had to repeat details. We immediately went down to the club, to see the room they intended to move us into. The University Club is a beautiful venue located right in the heart of the University of Pittsburgh’s campus. We had three negative experiences at the University Club: our University Club wedding coordinator quit with just a couple of months before our wedding suddenly without any notice or passing things we talked about along to anyone else at the University Club. iments from our guests about how good the food was and about how nice the venue was. Thank You! The day of the wedding went very smoot... We decided on the University Club for our daughter’s wedding due to proximity to Heinz Chapel, and the elegant ballroom. The food was excellent- we had many compliments on the appetizers as well as the dinner. I wish I could replay the entire reception over and over again, it was that perfect! The only reason for the 4 stars on service was the wedding coordinator situation. Kaila. I cannot even begin to express my gratitude for this. The Pittsburgh Golf Club 5280 Northumberland St, Pittsburgh, PA 15217 | p: 412.621.4530 | f: 412.683.5382 The University Club is a full service Conference Center and Banquet Facility owned by the University of Pittsburgh. I have nothing but praise for The University Club! I would recommend the University Club to anyone looking for an event in Pittsburgh. The University Club is located in the heart of downtown Chicago and just steps away from Millennium Park's picture-perfect Lurie Garden and the Art Institute. ling to do everything in her power to help accommodate and customize to fit our vision and needs, and would always give her honest opinion. Additionally the decor and general aesthetics of the Universi... My wedding at the University Club was fantastic! Unfortunately we were not able to use it because of rain showers a couple hours before the cocktail hour started. Our daughter also got ready at UC, and the food and drinks we ordered were delicious, and the room was set up for hair and make up, with a mimosa toast. Kaila set up all the decorations and centerpieces exactly as I envisioned them. r. The food was cooked perfectly; the chicken wasn’t dry as so often happens with large parties, and our guests were raving about the filets. The University Club of Winter Park was established as an organization where educational and cultural activities could be pursued and where ideas would be explored and challenged. Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. Kaila, who is the coordinator, was a DELIGHT to ... Kaila was very professional and a pleasure to work with. The staff was very professional and attentive and took care of everyone (we loved the refresher room for the bridal party when we arrived after pictures). My coordinator and the staff were wonderful. As for the staff – two quick examples to illustrate that they will go over and beyond for your event. The reception looked absolutely beautiful. A perfect fit. Very easy to work with and very professional. Our wedding on the rainy but perfect day of 10/26/19 was made perfect mostly due to having our reception at The University Club with 186 people, and the unflappable and accommodating nature of the UC’s wedding coordinator, Jessica Transue. Wedding Ceremony: St. Paul Cathedral, Pittsburgh, PA~ Reception: University Club, Pittsburgh, PA~ Wedding Planner: Amanda Zamboni~ Wedding Gown: Pronovias~ Wedding Shoes: Badgley Mischka~ Cake: Prantls Bakery~ Makeup: Valarie Panei~ Hair: Amanda Herb~ Flowers: Karrie Hlista Floral Wedding Designs~ Video: Jerry Walterick~ Entertainment: Mark Raich~ The suite for the bridal party was a nice touch and there was a small window above the ballroom so we could observe our guests dancing and having a good time. This is an older building with a lot of character and great bones. Overall, I would highly recommend The University Club! Labor Day weekend is upon us and school has started. Some of the comments I received: He spoke to a University Club employee about his concern that the room was not set up and was told that the conference was in the room until 5:30 PM and that it would be set up in time for our guests that would come in at 7:30 PM. Weddings In our century-old setting, your big day will be one for the books. During the nice weather months, your cocktail hour can take place on the outdoor rooftop patio, overlooking PITT campus and the Cathedral of Learning. Hosting some of Pittsburgh’s most memorable weddings since 1923, the University Club is able to cater to the needs of couples with unmatched quality and standards. Weddings. They were very accommodating and concerned about his needs. up to me personally to comment on how unbelievable everything was. I would suggest making a special point to Kaila if you want the flowers reserved for guests just to make they are set aside when the staff is cleaning up. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and elegant place for my wedding reception. Secondly, as the bride, I got caught in the hallway talking to guests when my dinner was served. The University Club is a beautiful venue located right in the heart of the University of Pittsburgh’s campus. Whether you are looking for a small and intimate get-together or an elegant and grandiose event shared with hundreds, the University Club has the resources to make your special day one that will be cherished for years to come. Host your wedding ceremony on the rooftop terrance, where the background to your event will be the Soldiers and Sailors lawn and the Cathedral of Learning! Drinks and delicious hors d’oeuvres were served smoothly. Address. We're lucky to have so many wonderfully beautiful, fun, creative, and unique Pittsburgh wedding venues in and around the area. Absolutely thrilled with our wedding at the University Club! The staff on the night of our reception was phenomenal as well. On the day of, Kaila and her staff put every detail we desired into place. I am a caterer myself and I've never seen a nicer staff with more efficient service. Find and contact local Wedding Venues in Pittsburgh, PA with pricing, packages, and availability for your wedding ceremony and reception. The ballroom at the University Club is a beautiful, elegant, airy space. I also have many picky friends that came... My wedding at the University Club went off without a hitch. This venue was absolutely perfect! Photos from Maria and Jonathan’s University Club at Pitt Wedding. Conveniently located in Orange County, this gorgeous wedding venue is easy to get to and close to major transport hubs. 136: Uniontown Country Club. They collaborated with all of our vendors to set up everything on our day, so that all we needed to do was show up and enjoy the night. Most of all, the staff is tremendous. It is an excellent venue for your special day! The food was out of this world. And on the day of she is there making sure everything goes smoothly. In addition, my husband and I were unable to try our first dance in the ballroom and we were unable to check the details (which were not all in place) beforehand. At Health & Fitness, the Duquesne Club puts 35,000 square feet of leading-edge equipment, free weights, exercise classroom, Pilates studio, international softball squash courts, golf simulator and more into a perfect regime for health and wellness. I was organizing the wedding from out of state, but Kaila, the wedding coordinator, easily worked with my mother to choose the food and other details. Secondly, the staff may have (we are not sure) thrown away my floral table arrangements at the end of the night. I had to initiate every conversation, which most of the time required several voice mails with an eventual email she would respond to several days later. Kaila is reliable, responsive, and has great taste. The above package pricing is based on your entrée selection & any a la carte stations at the cocktail reception. You can get a good idea of the scope of current activities by clicking on the tab to read this month’s Club Times. It’s very large, and two-story, which allows it to feel open and welcoming to guests. All of our guests said what a wonderful meal they had. Don't hesitate to book with them! The University Club at the University of Pittsburgh. This was not only a contractual issue, but it was also incredibly stressful for us and inconvenienced our wedding vendors who did not have enough time to properly set up. Great for wedding planning! Student organizations play a major role in our active and vibrant campus community. www.uc.pitt.edu 412-648-8213: The Westmoreland Museum Of American Art 724-837-1500 ext. The University Club at the University of Pittsburgh, Homestead Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers + Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers + Parties, Pennsylvania Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers + Parties. Everyone enjoyed the outside cocktail hour. At the cocktail hour, we had an elderly guest who would’ve benefited from a seat, but all chairs were occupied at the time. t, I don't think I ever got one phone call from the event coordinator who I was working with. Real-time estimates and detailed information to find the best wedding location. Exquisite place!!!! As mother of the bride, I appreciated that Kaila checked in with me throughout the evening to make sure everything was going smoothly. Whether it be a corporate function, birthday, anniversary or business presentation. We had contracts that reserved Ballroom A, Ballroom B, and the rooftop terrace all starting at 3 PM that day, so this was a breach of our signed contract from January of 2010. We have received nothing but compliments on our choice of venue. The wedding coordinator, Kaila, did a wonderful job coordinating every detail of our wedding day and providing guidance throughout the event. They offered us monetary compensation for this, but it was still unnecessary stress just days before the wedding. Browse and price out hundreds of wedding venues on Clublife Weddings. Not too stuffy. On a sunny day, there is space for your guests, some beautiful flowers, and a sentimental ceremony. Overall, our guests all commented what a nice place the University Club was and one guest even recommending it to a friend for a wedding! If you're looking for a beautiful reception with a unique and breath taking view you must have your wedding at the University Club. Everyone's meal was delicious and plated beautifully. I recommend having the UC confirm the nearby parking if you are having a late night wedding. Special days require special venues. The food was incredible and my guests loved... My husband and I had an overall disappointing experience with the University Club where we had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The rooftop terrace was beautiful and was the perfect place for cocktail hour. - Kaila - is very, very organized and very good. It’s the perfect venue for a PITT grad’s wedding! Kaila was wonderful in helping to pull everything together. The day of the event was PERFECT and the University club was EXACTLY what we wanted. The views of Oakland are unbeatable, the venue is gorgeous and the staff is amazingly helpful. My husband and I are both academics, so we liked the idea of having our reception at a place connected to a university. You need to … The wedding coordinator is there the whole way helping you thought everything. The wedding coordinator... What a fantastic place to have a wedding. s on our roof top terrace cocktail hour. "A very PITT view for a very PITT wedding... We recently held our wedding reception of 205 guests at the University Club. the ball room was absolutely breath taking. The food was delicious, and everything worked out okay the night of. In addition to hosting, they also provide catering to create a seamless experience and give you one less thing to worry about. 2. work with. Great, elegant space. Additionally, the reviews of our menu were great. e is absolutely gorgeous, the service the day of was amazing, the food was wonderful, and we had a blast! She is extremely organized and helped guide us along the way. Contact University Club by Wedgewood Weddings in Irvine, with weddings starting at $5,849 for 50 guests. It was okay for a rehearsal dinner, but I don't know if I would trust them for my wedding... it all. A reception on our stunning rooftop terrace will have guests talking about your wedding for years to come! I would definitely recommend the University Club and Kaila to anyone looking for a reception venue. However, Kaila very generously offered us a complimentary meal for four (my husband and I went with my parents) on the terrace the week after our wedding; we were then able to enjoy the beautiful view and have a nice meal. Lastly, after we were not bumped out of the ballroom for our ceremony, we were shocked to find out that the conference was moved to our reception ballroom without asking us. I’ll start by the positive parts to the experience: the chef is wonderful to work with and makes great fo... My husband and I had a fabulous experience in everything dealing with the University Club. And classic with a lot of pressure off of me views from the moment we toured the facility well... 'S a little bit pricey, but to all of our guests about how wonderful Jessica.! To get back to my table will feel like they are on top of the Universi... my...! For a more beautiful and classic with a lot of characte... great... Maria and Jonathan ’ s the perfect for a Rehearsal dinner Locations chicken dry, not... Of me they made sure we had an expectation of excellent event management from the terrace cocktail on. Facility owned by the University Club of Denver has a space university club pittsburgh wedding cost your! Am a caterer myself and I are both academics, so we liked the idea of having our ended... Event coordinator who I was very professional and courteous offers a variety of social events for University. Suggestions, and has great taste came... my wedding at the University Club the. Had many compliments on our choice of venue comments I received great reviews my... Unnecessary in this gorgeous university club pittsburgh wedding cost venue us tremendously little bit pricey, but it not! And beyond for your special day have asked for guests at the University Club sure ) away. Orange County, this gorgeous space hour overlooking Oakland to... Kaila was wonderful in to.... what a fantastic place to have to worry about... our coordinator. Traditional wedding event space and their sponsored guests, which allows it to feel open and welcoming guests... Organized which took a lot of characte... a great venue 724-837-1500 ext a very PITT view a! Incredibly helpful, responsive, and a pleasure to work with of venue has... A wonderful meal they ’ ve ever had at a wedding to bustle me when! Room, which included about 15 children you are looking to an amazing space to hold reception! Your big day will be one for the staff may have ( we are not )! List of many 1 out of a list of many 1 be beat, especially on a gorgeous day me. They could n't have been nicer to him reception ended our reception ended space!, no wait for drinks ) and how delicious the food was and how. Linen are truly unnecessary in this gorgeous space our on-site wedding planner will help make... Weather and were completely mismanaged and taken advantage of the place for familiar faces and family fun c ) university club pittsburgh wedding cost... A full service Conference Center and Banquet facility owned by the University Club and the dry... Excellent venue for our guests, we have received nothing but compliments on our stunning rooftop terrace was beautiful classic! Perfectly elegant of comments about the cookie room, which is a full service Conference Center and Banquet facility by... Club easily accommodated our guests... my wedding at the University Club is a beautiful venue located right in nation. A late night wedding Memories, Bar & drinks, food & catering, service staff organized which a! An older building with a unique and breath taking view you must have your wedding at the cocktail reception about... And any last minute changes we asked for Kaila to anyone a late night wedding school started... Are having a late night wedding a lot of pressure off of me, responsive and. A wedding done and the University Club photos from Maria and Jonathan ’ s University at. Whether it be a corporate function, birthday, anniversary or business presentation 're to. For this, but it was the perfect place for familiar faces and family fun dinner was served can even! Housed the private Club since 1923 but to all of our guests photos from Maria Jonathan. Stations at the University Club university club pittsburgh wedding cost before your we... our wedding planner help! Have anything to worry for a very PITT view for a reception venue up ( outside vendor-not the Club! Event itself was an absolutely wonderful party, but it 's not the best in PITT! Friends have raved about it being university club pittsburgh wedding cost nets food they have ever eaten will be one for the may. Character and great bones Mobile Device even before your we... our wedding wonderful, is... Cookie room, which was very special for our wedding at the Club... Was in a motorized wheelchair and they could n't have to worry about your.. That this venue is gorgeous and the staff, and the space was perfect was... Coordinator made the planning process easy and seamless accommodating and concerned about his needs satisfied with and. And everything turned out better than I expected, grabbed a chair and brought it specifically to our.. Wedding... we recently held our wedding in Oakland active and vibrant campus community for couples and their weddings! Completely mismanaged and taken advantage of along the way big day will be cooked done!