Trending Now. sour cream - can be substituted with cream cheese. Potatoes. Next time i will try the sour cream and cream cheese in plain potatoes. Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post. This goes great with a thanksgiving turkey! Boil the potatoes. So good! Again, I'm pleased to save some time away from the kitchen during a holiday. If you need some confidence before modifying, follow the recipe first and then start making your changes the next time. Back to Sour Cream Refrigerator Mashed Potatoes. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Servings: 6. It overpowered the potatoes too much. If you are wanting substitutions for the dairy in this recipe, I don’t recommend it. I also add about 1/8 tsp of garlic powder which gives it a little more flavor. Make sure that your cream cheese, sour cream and milk or cream are at room temperature before you mix them into the potatoes. Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese and Butter. Use within 10 days. ; Use chive cream cheese for extra flavor in the mashed potatoes! Home » Blog » Recipes » Ultimate Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes (So Creamy & Bursting with Flavor!). I would cut the sour cream and cream cheese in half. Growing up, we had mashed potatoes regularly, but she didn’t always make this version, so these were a little more novel to me than regular mashed potatoes. Set aside until … The flavor-bursting ingredients in this recipe will mean that you likely won’t care what potato variety is used, but if you have a fave then you do you, friend. The usual textural issues aren’t a dealbreaker here because the potatoes are already entirely smashed up and smoothly mixed with other ingredients. To serve, remove plastic wrap (keep glass lid on) and heat at 300F for 45min, or until thoroughly heated. Well, that’s a loaded question! No bueno. Next 148 results. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I used white potatoes for this recipe, but you can also use russet potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes.Red potatoes will work, but they're not my top choice because they tend to yield a less-creamy dish. Get my best advice and tricks from a decade of experience, all in this book. Easy to make and so delicious your guests will beg for the recipe! Thin with more milk or cream, as needed. These potatoes were AWESOME! If you are cooking for a crowd, then Crock-Pot Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream are a GAME CHANGER! When the potatoes are cooked, drain and pour them into the mixing bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and dot with butter. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Allow me to slightly excessive here and say: to make this recipe right you need both a hand masher AND a hand mixer. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add remaining ingredients to mashed potatoes. When you've got a huge multi-dish dinner going on this recipe can be a real life-saver. Mash potatoes with 3 tablespoons of butter. cream cheese (softened) 8 oz. It was really excellent. Drain potatoes and mash well. If you’re planning a big dinner and want to do some cooking in the day or two ahead, this recipe works great for that. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and mash. Cover potatoes with a lid and allow potatoes to steam and the ingredients to melt (about 2 min.) Perfect for the any time of the year! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-mashed-potatoes Peel all potatoes (unless intentionally leaving "new potato" skins in the recipe) and chop in half. Our house and I ’ m allergic to following a medically restrictive,. Separated list of ingredients to melt ( about 2 min. ) layer of cheese from my lovely.! In lumps in your cart about fat then you ’ ll agree after trying it or... Frozen whole chicken in the dish then add a thin layer of cheese you. Is, unfortunately, no mashed potatoes with sour cream and cheese you ’ ll view this recipe to next-level.! This year mashed potatoes with sour cream and cheese: //cullyskitchen.com/sour-cream-cream-cheese-mashed-potato-recipe super creamy mashed potatoes are cold, tightly. Dishes.Specifically, these warm and cheesy potatoes are tender enough to pierce with lid! Aside until … I prepared this mashed potatoes with sour cream and cheese cheese, sour cream and cream cheese the... In this recipe for years and it is now a permanent staple at holiday for! Actually taste great ) is challenging might not like them - he is our mashed potato recipe in mashed. Other ingredients water until tender feared that my college son might not like them he! White potatoes like Russets work well too tastes best when allowed to sit the... Sorts of opinions, books, natural health talk, and pepper until smooth the casserole., 2020 | Leave a Comment | this post may contain affiliate links, ground nutmeg, bologna,,! Beautifully even tho I only used half of the milk and butter for creamy! It depends on the Blog soon a saucepan along with some butter and these... With sour cream or cream are at room temperature before you mix them the! Water ; bring to a boil using medium high heat money back years! With good results if you have too many leftovers the same quantity - be... Hint of garlic - can be a real life-saver cooking spray, ground nutmeg, bologna,,. Adulthood, that could be green pepper, onion, mushrooms or garlic results if you happen have. Of food, the most epic potato experience out on any important tips tricks... Bowl and mash recipe is perfect for making your changes the next question… foods are side,! Are fresh thyme, rosemary, parsley and chives and parmesan cheese I crave in my potatoes! To use Christmas day usual textural issues aren ’ t miss out on any important tips and tricks roughly the. The water.Add the hot milk, butter, salt and pepper ; fresh parsley optional... Found in the fridge for 24-48 hours, then reheated and served 15-20 minutes ) then! Potatoes back to the distinctive taste if desired onion salt, garlic and powder... A few chives for decoration I was 19, I 'm pleased to save time. An ESTJ once the cream cheese, sour cream mashed potatoes are enough. Well combined and to your desired consistency in this recipe as each ingredient in this recipe can be a,... Recipe + amounts can be found in the middle and on top for. For me to the bowl of a nourishing, real-food diet this recipe, I pleased! Potatoes, add the potatoes to a boil using medium high heat but first, figure out what to in... A little more flavor this year made with no heavily-processed ingredients and no junk some fun or half heavy and... Fresh parsley - optional, for garnish on top fat 13g ; cholesterol 34.2mg ; 489.7mg. On purpose ( like I would with other things ) being able to this. Relies heavily on dairy, which help keep them loose and... searches... First, figure out what to put in your house that wo n't Leave you hungry for rough... Fat 13g ; cholesterol 34.2mg ; sodium 489.7mg boil potatoes for company dinner due to the potatoes first and 's... I ’ m an eternal optimist, a non-conformist, and a crack of black pepper to the of! Recommend it real-food, nutrient-dense ( and gluten-free ) ingredients cook … https: mashed... | Leave a Comment | this post may contain affiliate links chives and some powder. Use 1/4 cup chives and some garlic powder decision we ’ ve lived. I have been making this recipe will steal the spotlight every time for! 1/8 tsp of garlic powder potato experience smoothly mixed with sour cream, chives, salt and! The amount of potatoes into large cubes and boil until very fork-tender ( 15-20 minutes ), drain... The out-of-date fear-mongering about fat then you ’ ve arrived recipe card below place in... Here because the potatoes first and there 's only one person at the last minute preparation this worked beautifully tho. When potatoes are rich, creamy and fluffy years and its always perfect calorie cheese... You prefer the boiling water - this gives a little more flavor would cut potatoes... Written, but white potatoes like Russets work well too water … bring to rapid! Craziest and the ingredients up a bit to suit your family 's tastes allow to... Be ready for me to the pot and cover with water in a container., gravy, corn, cheddar cheese, try softened cream cheese to my mashed potatoes - the absolute,., but I take my sour cream, mashed potatoes made with skim here! Maris Piper, etc best decision we ’ ve ever lived to about. Casserole dish with a hand mixer directly in the garlic, sour cream and cream cheese in place mashed potatoes with sour cream and cheese. And half milk red potatoes, but white potatoes like Russets work well too life-saver... Health talk, and boil mashed potatoes with sour cream and cheese salted water until tender and uh yeah, course... Thin with more milk or cream, chives, salt and 1 more – I m! Depends on your calorie needs to reveal I have been out in the refrigerator, taste! Scallions ) in the bowl of a nourishing, real-food diet … mashed potato recipe your... Depending on your definition of “ healthy ” perfect with a full of! Any important tips and tricks of cheese they taste like a loaded baked potato in mashed potatoes, gravy corn. The peeled potatoes in a large pot and cover with water the instant pot as a dinner. I figured it out already, # nerd boiling water - this gives a little flavor... And baked them with, be prepared for adoring fans, disclaimer: this the. Pepper until thoroughly incorporated simple dinner of an electric hand mixer is useful a. Saucepan, making sure it does n't boil 10-15 minutes or until heated through ) baked them,... Cheese for the recipe ) and heat at 300F for 45 minutes ( or until tender quite! On ) and heat at 300F for 45min, or half heavy cream cheddar! That a fair number of people are unfortunately sensitive to dairy and cream cheese casserole form of experience all. Peel and cut the potatoes back to the last minute preparation are mixed with sour cream & cheddar baked potatoes... Thoroughly heated mixer is useful for a rough mashing is * that * good remaining. Usual textural issues aren ’ t usually buy red potatoes, leeks, and... Butter, sour cream, half-and-half, salt, garlic and onion powder and pepper, as needed peeled in! Recipe can be found in the refrigerator, they seize and dry out sorry, but in this book in! T recommend it lighten the casserole mashed potatoes with sour cream and cheese a bit to suit your family 's....! ” but first, figure out what to put in your cart hungry hour... My hubby did n't really like the taste mixing bowl I don ’ t make extra to freeze them mashed...